Saturday, February 1, 2014

From Frustration to Awesome



I changed smart phones last fall.  My new smart phone was too smart for my blog; it pulled in every photo from my original blog, which exceeded my storage space.  So in deleting the photos from my phone, the photos on my original blog were also deleted.  Cue massive frustration.  And I was so disheartened I just gave up blogging.   Yet I continued to think of things I wanted to blog about...so I finally set up this blog.

My birthday present from Mike is "photography dollars".  He knows I am frustrated with my progress in developing my photography skills.  Let me be clear -  I am well aware that my desire far exceeds my aptitude.  And taking Karen Russell's "The Photographer's Workshop" photography workshop was incredibly enlightening.  She was able to put all of the photography terms into understandable concepts for me.  I had many "aha" moments.  And now in my photos I see what I've gotten wrong.  Trouble is, I can't always figure out how to fix it.  Or worse...it's not a repeatable shot and I don't have a chance to try to fix all of the things I see wrong.  And I have yet to get that "pre-shot checklist" complete & automatic for addressing it all before I take a photo.

Anyway, for my birthday Mike wants to give me another class or tutor or whatever I feel will be most helpful to me at this stage in my skills/development.  He's even done research on local opportunities and provided me with the info so I can evaluate what I think will suit me best. Isn't that an awesome birthday present?!!

No comments:

Post a Comment