Saturday, November 1, 2014

Just beyond the bend




When you think you know the direction your path is leading, life has a way of inserting a curve you just can't see beyond.

But during my recent journey down a path curving into the unknown, I have discovered amazing depths of love and support from some wonderful friends.  Several times in recent weeks, the tears in my eyes have been the result of immense thankfulness for having these incredible people in my life.  Whether I've been questioning my future, second guessing my past, or sinking into self-doubt, this group of varied individuals has provided unquestioning support.  This group has provided water-proof shoulders and strong arms when the tears flow uncontrollably; willing ears for unlimited listening; open hearts pouring oceans of love and encouragement; thoughts, opinions and ideas for strategy and direction; and prayers, prayers and more prayers.

Although my path is still within the curve, I believe I've navigated past the sharpest emotional part and now face accepting the upcoming changes and resulting upheaval. I know I can count on these amazing people to continue providing love and support through the rest of my journey.

I honestly do not know how to express the depth of my love and appreciation for these individuals.  Mike, Mom, Shelley, Lisa, Nan, Terry and Becky -- thank you from the bottom of my heart and I love you more than you'll ever know. 

No comments:

Post a Comment